
This image for Far Transfer was to show the proportion of time spent in different phases of the writing process. It is such a simple design to start with, the changes I made were minimal, but I feel they impact the work in significant ways. First I scaled down the image so that it would be easier to view from a computer/projection screen without the need to scroll up and down. I had an excellent suggestion to consider using swapping colors to change the mood. Since the writing phase (previously in yellow) was the largest pie piece, it was very bright. The suggestion given was to consider using blue for its calming effects to indicate "get comfortable, you'll be here a while." After making the changes, I immediately saw what a difference it makes. The image is not as loud as it previously appeared.
To view this project, visit Memory Load and Far Transfer
No comments:
Post a Comment